Give yourself an All-Natural Ayurvedic Facial

Today I decided to treat myself to a wonderful all-natural ayurvedic facial.  I have talked about Ayurvedic traditions before in regards to oil pulling.

These traditions have been around for thousands of years and are very beneficial to the body.  Many years ago I found instructions to give yourself an Ayurvedic facial and have modified it through the years and my changing skin types throughout the seasons.

I typically have slightly oily skin that is rosy so I have mastered the recipe.

I mash half of a banana, add a teaspoon of honey and 10 drops of an essential oil like sandalwood, rose, or ylang-ylang.  I apply it to my face and meditate for about 20 minutes then rinse off the facial.  It really brightens my skin and even my attitude.

My partner partakes in the facials every once in a while and has dry/ combination skin.  He mixes ½ cup of almond meal and ½ cup dry organic milk then adds 1 tablespoon of organic heavy whipping cream and 10 drops of essential oils like neroli, jasmine or rose.  Then applies it to his face and only keeps it on for about 10-15 minutes.  This mixture usually has left overs so we just keep it refrigerated and use it again in a week or two.

If you have oily skin like one of my good friends, mash several large strawberries and add about 5 drops of clary sage oil and 5 drops of lavender essential oil and apply to your face.  Do some meditation or just relax for about 20 minutes then rinse it off.



Taking care of your skin is an important aspect of taking care of your body.  There is no need to book an appointment at a spa when you can do fabulous all-natural ayurvedic facials at home with all-natural ingredients.

Do you make your own body treatments? I would love to learn about what you use to make them and try it out.

Namaste,

Anita

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment