Why do I practice yoga?


Early in the morning before the sun comes up, before the birds start chirping, before the majority of the people I know are out of bed; I am working to find my center and reflect on the days past and the days to come.  Early morning meditation and yoga are the best ways to begin the day and prepare yourself, both physically and mentally for what is to come. 

I have always been conscious of my health and wellbeing.  I grew up as a gymnast and in my mid twenty’s found yoga as a way to benefit my mind, body, and spirit.  I live by the five living principles that make up the ethical and moral foundations of yoga, the Yama’s:  Satya, truth; Ahimsa, nonviolence; Asteya, not stealing; Bramacharya, self-control and sexual responsibility; and Aparigraha, not grasping.  The observance of the yamas, have helped me attain a healthy sense of wholeness. 

I believe that spiritually is about living a happy life and one that is spent consciously living in the moment.  Having the Yama’s sense of spiritually brings me inner strength to manage the difficult situations that come up in today’s society.  An established sense of self has helped bring my inner peace outward towards the world.  Yoga has helped me discover a higher consciousness and how the mind, body, and spirit can be fulfilled though the unity of all of them from within.

I am truly passionate about helping others find the path to better health, wellness, and spirituality through yoga.  I was able to become aware of the whole body, improve my breathing, increase strength, balance and flexibility, and begin learning alignment and modifications through the practice of yoga.  Since I became aware of my desires, wants and needs through yoga and worked to align my behavior to match these desires; I have been able to work towards personal peace and serenity.

Yoga is a great way to achieve self-realization, work to find solitude, and asceticism.  I have found the benefits from yoga are exponential.  I encourage everyone to try yoga, whether it is for enjoyment, health purposes, or for spirituality.  In combination with a healthy lifestyle, yoga is a wonderful supplement your body will thank you for.

Namaste

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment