Creativity and Spirituality

My spiritually ignites creativity within me.  Recently I have been feeling very creative expressing myself and my spirituality through drawing, painting, and yoga.  I believe that there is a strong connection between spirituality and creativity.  Creativity doesn’t necessarily mean that I am expressing myself in flawless pieces of art, it means that the concept of creativity is visible in everything do.


I define creativity as an inspired expression of feelings and emotions.  My creativity is drawn from different experiences and influences in my life.  I believe that creativity is spontaneous and can depict any emotion or aspect of human nature at a certain time. 

Often the greatest works of creativity come from those that feel spiritually connected with something.  Some people confuse creativity with fine art.  Creativity is not limited to those who are talented and gifted in the arts, but anyone who channels emotion in a way to create a physical connection with something. 
Spiritually comes second nature to me and so does my creativity.  I nurture my spirituality through my creativity and vice versa. One without the other makes me feel like I am not doing everything that I can.
Scientifically, our brain has a creative side and a logical side.  The creative side of the brain processes spirituality.  I believe that spiritual people are able to think outside of the box more effectively and are able to dig down deep and connect with the wisdom in the mind.

I try making sure I never limit my thoughts and ideas.  A creative mind is one engulfed in spirituality and emotion.  I find when I limit my thoughts I feel restricted and flustered.  Releasing all inhibitions creates a healthy environment for spiritually. 
The connection between two of the greatest aspects of life is undeniable.  Here are a few of my favorite creativity quotes.

“Spiritual growth and creativity are two sides of the same coin.” –Lada Ray



“Creativity is the power to connect to the seemingly unconnected” –William Plomer
“Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple.” – Charles Mingus
“You can’t use up creativity, the more you use, the more you have.” –Maya Angelou
“The creative adult is the child who survived.”
“Creativity is the opposite of TV.” – Jerry Stahl

Release your creativity through spirituality.

Namaste.



Anita

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment