A ring in the right direction

This morning my partner got up before I did, made me breakfast in bed and surprised me with a gift.

Today is the anniversary of the first day we met each other at a yoga convention. It always amazes me how much thought and kindness he puts into things he does for me. This morning he surprised me with a beautiful turquoise ring, my favorite stone.

The ring means so much more than just a beautiful anniversary gift. The spiritual and emotional connection I have with my partner is like no other. When we exchange gifts, each part of the gift has a meaning related to our relationship and the growth of ourselves through each other. The circle shape of the ring, the turquoise, and spirituality of the gift is what makes it so much more special than just a ring.

The ring is in the shape of a circle representing universal unity, wholeness, infinity, sacred, and divine. There is no beginning or end, no sides or corners, it is the smoothest most unified shape. Like our relationship, there is no beginning or end, we were meant to meet each other and we will always be a part of each other’s lives.


Circles can also be viewed as protective symbols. Keeping the evil and danger out of the sanctuary within the circle. They are frequently used as sun symbols representing things associated with heat and warmth. The element of spirit is represented by a circle; equal or superior of the physical elements of fire, air, water, and earth.

My favorite stone is turquoise. When turquoise is given as a gift it is said to protect the wearer from negative energy and bring good fortune. My partner helps protect me from negative energy and this stone is an extension of him in my life. It is also said to bring peace to a home.



Turquoise is one of the oldest stones known and carries great wisdom and truth. It has the energies of luck, love, protection, and healing. I am so blessed to have found such an incredible man with the same views and beliefs as I do. Our anniversary is one we treasure every year, but this year with my turquoise ring…will be one we will never forget.

Namaste.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment