How to motivate yourself

It is easy to make goals but when it comes down to it, getting motivated is the hardest part. It is really easy to procrastinate and avoid situations that will take a long time or be challenging.  Motivation, the emotion, technically doesn't exist.  It is just a combination of emotions like desire, fear, and hope.

When beginning a journey to reach a new goal or dream, motivation is key to success.



Here are 10 steps I use to get motivated-

1. Get positive.  I can’t remember a time I got anything done when I was in a bad mood.  Positivism is the ingredient to a happy, healthy, and productive life.

2. Have a plan of attack.  I find it very useful to define each step along the way to get to the ultimate goal.  When I know where I am going and have to do, it is easy to plan ahead knowing I am one step closer.

3. Kick start your day.  I think that planning is so important.  When you know what to expect the next day it is easy to build momentum to carry through the days to come.  Feel motivated the moment you open your eyes in the morning.

4. Find a mantra that fits the goal.  Find a few words or statements that drive you in life and towards your goal.  It can be anything.  I like, “do everything you can today, tomorrow isn’t a guarantee.”


5. Make working towards your goal fun.  Doing something that you think is “fun” has so much more of a positive stigma that doing something just to do it.  The second I decide to make something fun, I automatically am more positive and motivated.

6. Find something or someone who inspires you.  I like using quotes to motivate me to do better and work harder.  I write my favorite quotes in my journal so that every time I open it to write, I see them.  I also look for inspiration in people.

7. Reward yourself when making progress.  I always make sure when I accomplish a milestone along the way I reward myself with something that will continue to motivate me.  Treating myself is one of my favorite ways to stay motivated. :)

8. Positive peer pressure makes me stay on track to reach my goals.  My partner is my best peer pressure.  When we commit to doing something, he always makes sure that I follow through and stay motivated.  I do the same for him.  I suggest finding friends that want the similar thing and motivate each other.

9. Don’t let one setback be the end of it.  It is easy to get discouraged when on a long path to a goal.  It is so important not to let one step back dampen your motivation.  I look at steps back as a chance to get better and have more confidence.



10. Take personal pride in what you are doing.  When I really commit to something, it is so much easier to stay motivated.  When I know of what the end result is going to be I focus on that, and all the negativity and procrastination get overruled by the positivism.

Believing you can is the best motivation.  “I think I can, I think I can” is not just something the little train said, it has meaning and can help stay motivated.  Developing a desire, confidence, staying focused, and maintaining motivation are all the key components to successfully reach your goal.

Namaste.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment