More than just apples

Yesterday was an incredible break from my daily routine.  My partner took the afternoon off from work and surprised me with a romantic afternoon at an apple orchard near our house.  It was such beautiful weather at a gorgeous venue.  It was a very intimate afternoon, we were one of three families at the orchard.  You wouldn’t think going to an orchard would be that fun but it was a blast acting like children picking apples in a fairy tale garden.



Surprisingly, there are a lot of things to do at an orchard.  We picked apples and got to try all the yummy homemade snacks the family who owned the orchard was selling.  We had our fair share of apple pie, apple fritters, and applesauce.  The fresh sweets were even better knowing they were all homemade and the fruit was picked right from their backyard. 





But the highlight of the afternoon was when my partner pulled our picnic basket out of the trunk of our car.  It was very romantic getting lost in the beautiful apple trees, laying a blanket down, having a few snacks, and enjoying each other’s company.  I don’t give him enough credit for the little romantic things he does for me.




We picked enough apples to bring home and make our very own apple pie.  We spent the evening in the kitchen cooking dinner and baking our own apple pie.  I am so lucky to have found a man like him.  We have to best conversations about our views and what is going on within our spirituality.  He truly understands my views and beliefs and loves me for them.



Yesterday afternoon was a great way to spend time with my partner, have a good conversation, get outside and be active.  I would highly recommend a little afternoon getaway to the orchard, it is more romantic than you thing.



Namaste.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment