Inspirational People

Every day we are bombarded with people telling us how to live our lives, what is good for us, and what to believe.  But how often do we listen to these people and does it really change the way we thing?  I was having tea with an acquaintance a few days ago and after our tea and conversation she told me that I was an inspirational person.  I felt honored she felt that way towards me and a little stunned.

I got to thinking, everyone in our life is put there for a reason; whether it is to inspire you or to help guide you in a certain way.  I have been blessed to have met some truly inspirational people and have read the works of some of the world’s most influential and inspiring people.  I want to share some of the people who have inspired me to be the person I am today.

•    Mahatma Gandhi- His profound spirituality and belief in justice has arguably inspired all of mankind.  By believing in his cause, he showed us that persistence and working for a cause you believe in can change the world.  He inspired me to be persistent in my beliefs and never give up. 
“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” –Mahatma Gandhi



•    Buddha- Many people are unaware of the story behind Buddha.  He was a young prince who gave up the comforts of being prince to seek the meaning of life in meditation in forests.  After finding the meaning of life, he traveled India teaching meditation and inner peace as a spiritual teacher.  The simplistic and spiritual life he lived has inspired me to live the way I do, and to strive for constant growth of knowledge.
“The mind is everything.  What you think you become.” –Buddha



•    Nelson Mandela- His campaign for justice and freedom in South Africa personifying struggle was inspiration for the people of his country and those of the world.  He became the first democratic president of South Africa after he spent 20 years in jail because of his opposition to apartheid.  He inspired me to believe in a cause and not to back down when the majority is against it.  His character and leadership is second to none.


“There is no passion to be found playing small- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” –Nelson Mandela

You probably were aware of the good works of all these inspiring people, but how often do you think about them and really feel appreciative for their inspiration.  I hope this list helps you find inspiration, help you pursue goals, and works towards becoming a better person.  It is never too late to become an inspirational person, but it requires extraordinary will power and strength. 

Be inspiring.

Namaste.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment