Reconnect with you inner child

Being free from the restraints of societal expectations and truly expressing yourself is something adults in today’s society rarely experience.  As we grow up the expectations about how you should act, what you should wear, what you should do, and how to live your live become so overwhelming it is easy to forget who we really are.



I envy childhood innocence.  Children don’t care what others think about them or what consequences something might cause.  Children do what they feel is right, and live and learn.  They are the most creative, curious, and intriguing human beings on this earth.

I find a study done by UCLA very interesting and sad at the same time.  It showed that a 5 year old acts creatively 98 times per day, laughs 113 times, and keeps curious by asking 65 questions.  In opposition, a 44 year old had 2 creative acts a day, 11 laughs, and 6 questions.  It is shocking how much society changes us and how we lose our inner child.

I think that dropping inhibitions and reconnecting with your inner child is the best thing anyone can do.  I try living free from the expectations of society but it is very difficult to do so.

To bring more joy, wonder, and creativity into my life I try focusing on these things.

Letting my guard down is the best way to focus on living in the present.  I was brought up learning to have your guard up at all times to protect yourself from potential disappointments.  I have realized that this is no way to live.  I was muffling my innocence and removing my inner child from everyday life.  I now, try to remain open to everyone and every experience that comes my way.  I believe that everything happens for a reason, so why try changing what the universe already has planned.

Being goofy and having fun can be difficult after years of suppressing our inner child.  There are nights my partner and I dance around the living room, laugh, and goof off until our stomachs hurt from all the laughing.  It feels good to let go of everything and just be silly every once and a while.

Finding ways to be creative and innovative is one of my favorite ways to channel my inner child.  I channel my spirituality with my inner child and create expressive projects.  When I am feeling the pressures form society and stress, I sit down and start doodling.  It usually doesn’t turn into a beautiful piece of art but it releases tension and reconnects me with my soul and inner child.



By working to drown out all the noise that society floods us with to silence our inner child, it forces us to dig deeper to find ways to reconnect.  Embracing life in a playful and childlike state of mind makes for a much happier life.  Finding my inner child was one of the greatest things I have learned to do.  Try finding yours.

Namaste.







Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment