Being Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving!  Today is a day to feel thankful and grateful for everything our beautiful world has created for us to live a wonderful life. 

Today I am sure you will hear, I am thankful for this and I am thankful for that all day long, but I want to focus on how thankful I am for the things that I might complain about.  I know I have complained about laundry and how much I had to do, but I should be thankful for it.  I am thankful for the laundry because it means I have plenty of clothes to wear.




This morning I really put my head into that mindset and dug deep.  When you think about the little things that we complain about in the big picture, it seems so minuscule and petty.  I almost felt embarrassed for the little things that I take for granted that are really luxuries.

I made a list of the things I am grateful for-
  • I am thankful for the dishes that I have to wash, because it means I ate and am not going hungry.
  • I am thankful for my electric bill, because I have lights and heat at home.
  • I am thankful for changing the sheets, because it means I have a bed to sleep in.
  • I am thankful for reading and the books I want to ready, because it means I am literate.
  • I am thankful I have to pay for gas and new tires, because it means that I don’t have to walk miles a day to get where I need to go.
  • I am thankful for finding a parking spot in the very last row, because it means that I don’t have to park in the handicapped space because I can walk.
  • I am thankful I need to clean my house, because it means that I am plenty.
  • I am thankful for all the Christmas cards I need to send soon, because I have so many loving family and friends that care about our lives.
  • I am thankful I need to clean the house windows, because it means I have a roof over my head.
  • I am thankful I question the future and my purpose in life, because life can be cut short any day.
  • I am thank full for all my yoga students, family, and friends that make my life so much more rich and fulfilling.

I have so much to be thankful for that I don’t have anything to complain about.  I am so fortunate to live such a wonderful life with my partner and friends.  This thanksgiving besides focusing on the big picture things we are thankful for, lets acknowledge the little things we are truly fortunate to have.

Happy thanksgiving,

Namaste

Anita

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment