Holiday Thankfulness

Tis the season for thankfulness and gratitude.  

With thanksgiving behind us and the solstice and warmth ahead there is so much to be thankful for.

We had a wonderful thanksgiving at home.  It was very relaxing just my partner and me.  Even though we are together all the time, when we prepare dinner for a holiday together it makes it so much more special. He gives me so much to be thankful for.

After Thanksgiving pasted, I felt a shift in the energy from everyone around me.  The feelings of thankfulness and gratitude left and stress and fast paced days quickly engulfed the world around.  I understand that for many people the holidays are a stressful time because of all the societal pressures, but that is not the meaning of the holidays.  This is supposed to be a time of rejoice, gratefulness and happiness.

In my quiet moments of the day, I like to reflect on my life and how I have grown into the woman I am today.  By paying attention to my thoughts and directing them to positives and happy thoughts, I can focus my mind on what I chose to.  I am only human and sometimes I need to help direct my mind to the thankfulness and happy thoughts.  I have a list of some quotes that help reset my thoughts and get back on the right track!

If you are feeling the pressures of the holidays and society, try reading some of my thought provoking quotes to help you redirect the way of your mind.

Making one person smile can change the world, maybe not the whole world but, their world.
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.
If you really want to do something, you will find a way.  If you don’t you will find an excuse.
Be happy. Be yourself.  If others don’t like it, then let them be.  Happiness is a choice. Life isn’t about pleasing everybody.
No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day with a thankful heart.  Someone somewhere is wish for a life like yours.
The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.
When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good in yourself.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow your progress is, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
Smile, be happy, be who you want to be, you only have one life to live.  Live it!

If you are feeling down, just read some of these and maybe you can change the way you are thinking.

Namaste.

Anita

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment