Staying Happy at Work

I am lucky enough to have a job that I am truly passionate about and love doing every day.  Not everyone is as fortunate as I am though.  One of my students was complaining about working this morning saying that she is ready for a vacation away.  Before I became a yoga instructor, I had my fair share of jobs that weren’t for me.  I learned a lot about myself and what I like and what I don’t like during that time.

How to stay happy at work?



I believe that there are certain things you can do to make work just a little more bearable.

Creating a positive work environment and giving yourself the space to grow are two necessities.  By taking your life in the office into your hands, as much as you can, you can create an environment that is lighter and helps make you more productive.

During a stressful time in the office it is very important to clear your mind and try meditating for a little bit.  Meditation can help reduce your stress levels and help you see the issue in a different light that will help you solve the problem.  In the recent years I have seen that companies have been acknowledging that meditation and time away is needed to up the productivity levels.  I read that some companies are even making meditation and relaxation rooms.  I think this is a great idea and a step in the right direction.
********************************************************************************
Decades of sleep research by the National Sleep Foundation, NASA, the National Transportation Safety Board, and scores of academic and medical researchers have unequivocally shown that a brief 20–30 minute nap can result in the following beneficial effects:
  • Increase alertness       
  • Reduce accidents
  • Improve judgment
  • Boost creativity
  • Improve learning and memory
  • Reduce stress
  • Control blood pressure
  • Increase reaction time
  • Control weight
  • Improve mood and energy levels
********************************************************************************
I know that it is easy to get consumed in your work and lose track of time, but it is important to take advantage of those 10 minute breaks.  I once worked at a job where I sat at a desk and stared at the computer all day, I used those breaks to do a lap around the block and regain my sense of being.

If you really believe in the cause of your company do anything and everything to make it the best it can be.  If you don’t love it, work hard to make your mark within the company and maybe your ideas can be used to steer it in the direction you like.  I believe it is important to always stand up for what you believe in.

Manipulating your day to make it better is how to make a not so ideal situation better.  If your work environment is getting you down, take action to make it better for you.  Your life and happiness is up to you.  How you choose to live each day is in your hands.  Why not make it the best it can be every day.

Namaste.

Anita

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment