Incense, candles, oils, romantic night



My partner has been really stressed with work and hasn’t had time to relax so I am planning a romantic night this evening.  I believe it is important to surprise and do special things for your significant other.  There is no need to wait for a special occasion to romance them.  We plan “just because” evenings so keep our love burning strong.

I have put in quite an effort into creating a romantic evening my partner will be astonished.  I have transformed our home into a romantic getaway.  I put lit candles, incense, and flower petals around the house to set the mood.  I have set the radio to play his favorite jazz music in the background all evening too.  I am even going to get dressed up to make it seem like we are at a fancy restaurant in the comfort of our own home.

I am going to cook a romantic dinner for us complete with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne.  I just put our main course in the oven, herb-crusted salmon with roasted tomatoes.  It smells great already.  Here is the recipe I am using from Better Homes and Gardens.

Herb-crusted salmon with roasted tomatoes

Ingredients-
•    2 tbsp. golden raisins
•    1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
•    2 tablespoons capers, drained
•    4 tbsp. olive oil
•    ¾ cup packed parsley leaves
•    1 clove garlic
•    ¼ tsp. salt
•    ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
•    4, 4 oz. frozen salmon fillets about 1 inch thick

Directions-
•    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with foil and set aside
•    In a small bowl soak the raisins in hot water until softened and plump. Drain and set aside.  In another small bowl mix the tomatoes and capers and drizzle with 2 tbsp. of olive oil, toss to coat.
•    In a food processor, combine the parsley, remaining olive oil, garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper.  Process until smooth.
•    Remove the salmon from freezer and place in prepared pan.  Spoon the parsley mixture over each salmon fillet and spread to cover.  Then spoon the tomato mixture around the salmon on the pan.
•    Roast uncovered for 14-15 minutes.  Remove pan from the oven, add raisins, stirring into the tomato mixture.  And put the pan back into the oven, and roast for another 14-15 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
•    Transfer the salmon to a platter, spoon the tomatoes, capers, raisins, and remaining pan juices over. 
•    Enjoy!

Besides a wonderful main course, I got creative and on the strawberry plate wrote I love you with chocolate drizzle.  It is the little thoughtful things he loves the most.


Hopefully after this romantic and stress free evening he will feel rejuvenated and release his tension.  I don’t see how he couldn’t with all the relaxing and romantic surprises.

Having a romantic evening with your other half for no reason other than love, is a great way to bring extra passion into a relationship and release stress.  I am sure our romantic night is going to be incredible.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Namaste

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment