Health benefits of meditation

Do you ever feel overwhelmed? Like you can’t control what is happening around you and your mind is going a million different directions?  I recently was talking with a friend about over thinking situations.  She analyzes situations to the point where nothing can be positive and the fear of not knowing creates negative energy.  I suggested she begins taking time out of her day to meditate and center her thoughts.


 
I fell victim to stress, anxiety, and over thinking minor situations in the past.  Ever since I began meditating I have found the key to a calm controlled mind.  To meditate is defined as, “to think deeply or focus one’s mind for a period of time, in silence or with the aid of chanting, for religious or spiritual purposes or as a method of relaxation.” 

Mediation serves many purposes; from stress relief to self-awakening.  I began meditation as a way to calm my thoughts and slow down the pace my mind transmits fear and worry.  The habit of over thinking was the ultimate cause of my stress and anxiety problems.  I found that when I was busy thinking and over analyzing a situation, I was missing the peace in situations.  I found self-peace through meditation.  I have become less focused on the movement of my mind and more aware of the peace that is constantly around us. 
Meditation is a natural instinct that we sometimes forget to utilize.  It is physical nature to retreat in stressful situations and take time to think about what is going on.  By actually focusing on meditating and slowing your mind stress and worries gradually give way to a calmer state. 

When beginning mediation I suggest meditating in a quiet and undisturbed room, focus on deep breaths and the feelings of consciousness.  I try meditating in at least 45 minute intervals, but if you only have 10 minutes, something is better than nothing.

After meditation I feel rejuvenated, energized and creative.  I find life to be much more enjoyable when I focus on thinking less and being physically, mentally, and spiritually in the present.


I believe that meditation helps the mind, body, and spirit in ways nothing else can.  I try meditating at least once a day.  It helps me create an optimistic energy for myself and radiate positive vibes to those around me. 

Mediation can help you get through some of the darkest hours and come out with a new life outlook.

Namaste.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment