Fitness Apps

I don’t like to consume myself with technology but I do use my phone to assist me in work outs and tracking my activity.  Some people swear by using fitness and health apps on their phone to be aware of what they eat and the physical activities they do.  I think using an app can be a supplement to motivation and desire to work towards a healthy life.  I just recently downloaded a new app and am very pleased with it thus far.

Here are a three FREE fitness and health apps I have used to help reach my healthy lifestyle goals.

•    Map My Walk- I love using this app to track my daily activity levels.  It allows me to choose time and distance goals for each day and week.  It also tracks runs and bike rides with a GPS locater, showing how far, how fast, and how challenging the workout was.  There is also a feature to create challenges on existing times or distances on specific routes.



•    MINDBODY yoga- This is a great app was very useful when I first moved here and was looking for yoga classes.  This app finds studios nearby, lists classes by time, and allows students to reserve their spot.  I also love it because it gives directions to the studio so I don’t get lost.


•    Noom: Weight Loss Coach- I consider this app the all in one fitness app.  It is a personalized coach that assists in forming healthy habits through daily tasks, meal logging, and exercise tracking.  I use it to log my meals and workouts, and it also counts my steps using a pedometer.  I really like Noom because it offers encouragement and helps keep me motivated.



I believe that having a strong support system and creating goals are key in reaching health goals.  I have used these apps to help better myself physically and have seen their benefits.  Give them a try and see what they can do for you.

Have you used any health or fitness apps that have worked? Please share them with me.

Namaste,

Anita.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment