My perfect life partner

My partner’s spontaneous romance strikes again.  I woke up this morning to breakfast in bed and a beautiful love letter about the first time we met.  It is refreshing knowing that there are people in the world that are similar to me and share that same views.  My partner and I have been together for 6 years and each day is a new adventure.  Although, I wouldn’t call our love story a fairy tale, it’s more of a modern day realistic love.



I wasn’t looking for love or for that matter a significant other.  I was content focusing on me and doing what I bettered my mind.  I was never the little girl that dreamed about finding prince charming or a dream wedding.  I was too focused on my gymnastics growing up I just never thought about it.  I guess during college, I pictured myself living a single live, surrounded by great friends and great conversation.

One summer I decided to go on a yoga retreat to Colorado.  I was excited to be able to practice with a new group of people with positive energy.  When I got to the venue, I prepared myself and began centering my energy.  After the first session was complete, I went to a local restaurant to get some dinner.  I had just been seated when a man walked in and smiled at me like he knew me.  He walked over and sat down at my table and explained he was here for the yoga retreat as well and he was behind me during the first session.




It was a little strange he just came right up to the table, but I was excited to hear his backstory.  He told me he had practiced yoga for 10 years, had just become an instructor and was opening up a studio in the same town I am from.  It was a coincidence that we both lived in the same town and had never ran into each other.
We chatted over dinner and went for a walk after.  He was one of the most positive people I had ever met, he was so kind, and had a huge heart.  We talked all night long about our lives, our spirituality, and our views on the world.  Like I said before, I wasn’t interested in dating or being in a relationship.  I just really enjoyed his company. Throughout the retreat we went on several walks and got tea together.  We had very similar views that made it easy to talk.


Long story short, when we got back home, we continued to meet up and talk.  After about a year of casual café dates, we decided to consider ourselves “together.”  It was great because we both wanted the same thing, a best friend.  We were both okay knowing that marriage wasn’t going to be the next step but a long lasting partnership was.

Since I met him life has been great.  He challenges me to live each day to the fullest and create as much positive energy as I can.  We have a great partnership that I wouldn’t trade for the world.  I truly believe I have the best life partner.

Namaste,


Anita.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment