Spiritual Believing

Being a spiritual person has made me who I am today.  Looking back at old pictures reminiscing and reliving my childhood make me so happy I was raised the way I was.  Growing up my parents were very religious.  I went to services with them until I was about 13 then they let me make the decision if I wanted to go or what spirituality I wanted believe.  I continued to go with my parents until I got to high school, then I only went with them on holidays.  When I went to college and found yoga, I quickly adopted a holistic approach to spirituality.  I was so grateful my parents let me choose what I wanted to believe in from my own experiences.  …on a side note, after I saw the movie, Life of Pi, I felt such a connection to Pi while he was experiencing different religions and forms of spirituality.  It was truly an incredible film. Check out the clip here.

I often pose the question to myself, what is a human life without the attention to the aspects of life beyond our physical, emotional, and mental concerns?  Through the ways of the world and my love for humanity I defined my own meaning of spirituality.  Although I have no tangible believes system, I have my ideas and a unique belief’s that work for me.   When I began practicing yoga, it awoke my spirit even more that I would have imagined.  Being able to be one with my mind, body, and spirit and open my heart is such a way, made me realize how much more the world has to offer.  I embrace all the natural world and work to contribute my part to it. 

I focus on the natural abilities of the human anatomy and how I can maintain my spirituality as one with my physical body.  I do what I believe is good for my body; what is healthy and what I feel is emotionally right.  Devoting time each day to reflect on who I am, how I can service society and help take care of the world is very important to my spirituality. 



I believe in positive energy and negative energy.  Each human being has their own energy they contribute to the world.  I believe that through actions you can make your energy stronger or even change your type of energy.  Going along with changing energies, I believe in karma.  The sum of a person’s actions decides the fate of their future.  I believe that karma is not a punishment for actions, but a result in those action.

As a spiritual person, I focus on enjoying every day, embracing who I am, and appreciating the world around me.  To maintain my spiritual health I spend time meditating, doing yoga, reflecting on each day, and spending time trying to make the world a better place.




Although others may not understand my spirituality, I know how I view it and help make the world a better place because of it.

Namaste.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment