Why You Need Lemon Water in Your Life

Everyone has their little obsession food or drink that they can’t live without.  For some people it is coffee, diet coke, or tea but as much as I love tea, Lemon water is by far my favorite “fix.”  It is how I jump start my mornings and stay energized throughout the day.  It gives water such an upgrade, it is hard to stop drinking it.

I was recently reading some articles and stumbled across an article on the benefits of lemon water.  I knew it was very good for the body, but I had no idea that by just adding a little lemon to your water you could have so many health benefits. 

I want to share with you what I learned and what I knew already to encourage you to adding lemon water to your morning routine.

1.    Lemon water helps improve digestion and helps to loose and flush out toxins from your digestive tract.  It also eases heartburn, indigestions, and bloating.

2.    Lemon is high in vitamin C, improving your immune system and fighting away the common cold or flu.  It is helps the absorption of iron.

3.    Lemon gives you a boost in energy and improves your mood.  Who wouldn’t want to add a little flavor to their water to wake them up?

4.    Lemons are a source of antioxidants that promote healthy and rejuvenated skin.  The antioxidants help stop pre-mature aging and the vitamin C keeps the elasticity in your skin, preventing wrinkles.

5.    Lemons can remove uric acid from joints, reducing inflammation. 

6.    Lemon water can aid in weight loss and fight hunger cravings.

7.    Lemon water has cleansing properties that help to flush out your entire body from toxins that damage cells, tissues, and organs.

8.    A more obvious fun fact, lemons freshen your breath and fight bacteria in your mouth. 


9.    The antioxidants in lemons are not only good for your skin, but also help reduce the risk of several types of cancer.

10.    Because of the tartness of lemons, many people find it easier to switch from coffee to lemon water in the morning because they give off similar energy boosts.

There are so many health benefits and it is so easy to make there is no excuse not to be drinking lemon water all the time.  I always had it in the morning, but I might have to try adding it into my other daily drinks. 

Do you think lemon water is a good morning drink?

Namaste.
Anita



Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment