Go Raw?

There has been a “Raw Foods” crazy for the past couple of years.  Although I love raw and fresh vegetables, I don’t think I could really go fully raw.

Many people choose this lifestyle trend when training for athletic competitions or just living an extraordinary healthy life.  I find that days and meal where I eat raw I have some more energy, an increase in endurance, and recover faster from workouts.



A while ago I was looking into what foods are the best to eat raw and have the most benefit.  Today I got the urge to look into in a little more after I found out that one of my students has been raw for almost an entire year.  Here are some of the “super powered” foods that she found that have great nutrients.

•    Beets that high in nitrates help your blood vessels dilate allowing increase in oxygen delivery to muscles.

•    The quercetin in apples are a potent antioxidant can help improve endurance and help keep you generally healthy.

•    Sweet Potatoes are a great way to get natural energy for long and active days.  They are also high in vitamin A.

•    Quinoa is packed with energy from carbohydrates and magnesium.  Magnesium plays a large role in your energy levels and metabolic rates.

•    Yogurt is also a great raw food.  It has a great balance of protein and carbohydrates that are good after recovering from a strenuous day or workout.

•    Lentils have a lot iron great for your blood health and overall well-being.  Iron is also essential in athletic performances.

These were some of my student’s favorite raw foods.  There are so many more that are great for you.  I am a little skeptical of the entire raw food trend only because I know it is not for me.

Do you eat raw or know someone who is?
What are their favorite foods and do they have good raw recipes? I would love to experiment around a little bit.

Namaste.

Anita

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment