Yoga to Boost Creativity


Everyone has those days when you are full of motivation but the moment you sit down to do something your mind goes blank.  Even though I am usually overflowing with creative ideas, I still have those days where I am uninspired and my creative juices are gone. I have notice that my yoga practice even suffers when I have not been creative for a period of time.  

Sometimes a few cups of coffee or tea and a long walk in the park can get my brain going but there is nothing more creativity boosting than a stimulating yoga practice.  The right poses in a specific order can get me out of my rut and discover new ideas and motivate me to create. 
Here are poses I use to help bust the blank and get creative.

·         Pigeon pose- We store emotions in our hips so hip-openers like pigeon pose release negative energy and emotion.  The hips and pelvis are at the bodily center for creativity because it is aligned with the second chakra that represents creative energy.

·         Seated eagle Pose- Another hip-opener to open the flow of creativity.  It is also a shoulder stretch, shoulders and neck are another common place to store tension blocking creativity.

·         Headstand- Doing a headstand grounds your body, thoughts, and spirit.  It allows extra oxygen to get to the brain and provides a fresh perspective needed to become creative again.

·         Child’s Pose- Relaxing is a great way to take a break and let the creativity come naturally.  Sometimes you can’t force it to come. 


·         Meditation- Spending a short amount of time meditating allows myself to see the whole picture and forget what is hindering my thought processes.  It puts me in the right state of mind to get creative.


There are poses and sequences for just about anything you can think of or need.  I believe that yoga is a great way to free the mind and help with problems and issues.

Do you use yoga to alleviate a problem or to get creative? Leave a comment about your sequence and what you do it for.

Namaste.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment