Friendship and Loyalty

Friendships have always been important in my life.  When I was younger I placed too much importance on having a lot of friends, but as I grew up I have learned the difference between friends and acquaintances.  I have a great group of close friends and many acquaintances that make my life exciting every day.


Friendships are some of the most complex but meaningful relationships we have in our lives.  The bond between friends often runs deeper than some family ties and sometimes last longer that our relationships with our partners or spouses.  Some of my friends I have known since I was still in diapers and some I met only a few months ago.  The one think they all have in common, loyalty.

Loyalty is a feeling of support or allegiance.  My close group of friends would drop anything if I needed them, and I would do the same for them.  They have stood by my side through the thick and thin, and the good times and bad.



I treasure old friendships because we’ve known each other for so many years and seen each other grow into the mature adults we are today.  In the same way I treasure new friendships because I am who I am and they appreciate that.  I feel as we grow older we are more self-assured and more comfortable with who we are so we don’t need to put on an act for our friends we can truly be ourselves.

Friends come and go and it is part of life.  I believe that everything happens for a reason.  People come into your life for a reason.  If they only stay a while, they impacted your life in that short period of time and they need to move on.  Friends that have been around for many years are there to keep you sane and keep your feet on the ground.  I believe we need both as we grow and life takes us in different directions.

I think that it is more important to have five really good friends instead of a hundred okay ones. A friend that sticks around through thick and thin is a good one to keep and nurture.  Friends are there to share emotion and feel the same things, without them life wouldn’t be same.

My motto about friendship; Life is short and should be lived in the moment, surrounded by people that make you happy.  Everything and everyone has a meaning if it is in life why not make the best of those around you.  Friends keep life more interesting.

Namaste.

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment