Start the chain of positivity

Living a positive life rubs off on those around you.  Today while I was going for a jog in the park, I saw an older gentleman struggling to get off a bench.  I stopped and helped him stand up and make sure he was okay.  He was so gracious that I came to his aid.  As I walked beside him while he was strolling out of the park, he began sharing a story with me.  He told me how his wife and he came to the park every day for the past 25 years to watch the sunrise with coffee in hand to begin their day.  He told me how he was so lucky to have had such a wonderful wife.  He proceeded to tell me she had passed away a week ago but continued coming to the park to begin his day with her.  As we approached the park exit, he told me if I wouldn’t have come over to the bench to help him, he wasn’t sure if anyone would have stopped.  As we parted ways he gave me a giant hug and said that because of my kindness I made his day, he would try paying it forward to someone that needed a smile that day.

As he walked down the street, I thought about how just a little positive action can generate so much happiness for someone feeling down.  Having a positive attitude and helping others is something everyone should strive to have.  I focus on living in the moment and spreading positivity where ever I go through action.



Being positive and happy doesn’t mean you have to ignore the pain or emotions in that moment, but instead embrace that specific feeling with an open and loving heart.  Learning to deal with pain and angst with positive energy is a very powerful emotional mechanism.  Everything happens for a reason and keeping a positive attitude though the tough times, produces spiritual growth.

Positivity begins from within.  When we fill our mind with beautiful thoughts, the world becomes a beautiful place.  I find happiness and positive energy through physical, mental and emotional wellness.  When I engage in a regular wellness activities I feel my stress and anxiety from the world subside and my optimistic vitality increase.



If everyone was to take time for themselves to understand how to embrace feelings and emotions, the world would be a positive place.  But, to get to that point, it only takes one person to begin the cycle.  When I helped the older gentlemen at the park, he wanted to spread his new found positivity with someone else, and hopefully they will want to as well.  Let’s begin a chain of positive energy and brighten each day.
Namaste

Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment